Geneva OPC was begun as a mission work of the Orthodox Presbyterian Church in September 1998, with elders from Redeemer OPC of Doraville, Georgia
providing oversight. Rev. Dr. John Fesko was appointed by presbytery as evangelist. In April 2004, Geneva OPC was organized as a separate congregation of the OPC, with its own ordained officers. Rev. Fesko was called by the congregation to be pastor.
Rev. Fesko resigned as pastor, effective June 30, 2009, having accepted an
appointment to the positions of academic dean and associate professor
of systematic theology at Westminster Seminary California. His sermons will continue to be available on this website.
Rev. Fesko's publications include:
- Diversity within the Reformed Tradition: Supra- and Infralapsarianism in Calvin, Dort, and Westminster. Greenville: Reformed Academic Press, 2001.
- "The Westminster Confession and Lapsarianism," in The Westminster Confession into the 21st Century: Essays in Remembrance of the 350th Anniversary of the Westminster Assembly. Volume 2. Edited by J. Ligon Duncan. Fearn: Christian Focus Publications, 2004, pp. 477-525.
- with Guy M. Richard, "Natural Theology and the Westminster Confession," in The Westminster Confession into the 21st Century: Essays in Remembrance of the 350th Anniversary of the Westminster Assembly. Edited by J. Ligon Duncan. Fearn: Christian Focus Publications, forthcoming.
- Last Things First: Genesis 1-3 in the Light of Christ and Eschatology. Fearn: Mentor, 2007.
- (contributor), Justification: A Report of the Orthodox Presbyterian Church. Willow Grove: The Committee for Christian Education of the OPC, 2007.
- (contributor), "The Committee to Study the Propriety of the Reception of Illegal Aliens into the OPC," in Minutes of the Seventy-Fourth General Assembly of the Orthodox Presbyterian Church. Willow Grove: The Office of the Stated Clerk, 2007: 334-67.
- "A More Perfect Union? Justification and Union with Christ," Modern Reformation 16/3 (2007): 32-35, 38.
- What Is Justification by Faith Alone? Basics of the Reformed Faith. Phillipsburg: P & R, 2008.
- Justification: Understanding the Classic Reformed Doctrine. Phillipsburg: P & R, 2008
- with Bryan Estelle, David VanDrunen, eds., The Law Is Not of Faith: Essays on Grace and Works in the Mosaic Covenant. Phillipsburg: P & R, 2008.
- "Calvin and Witsius on the Mosaic Covenant," in The Law Is Not of Faith: Essays on Grace and Works in the Mosaic Covenant. Edited by Bryan Estelle, J. V. Fesko, and David VanDrunen. Phillipsburg: P & R, 2008.
- "On the Antiquity of Biblical Theology," in Resurrection and Eschatology: Theology in Service of the Church. Essays in Honor of Richard B. Gaffin Jr. (Phillipsburg: P & R Publishing, 2008): 443-78.
- The Rule of Love (Grand Rapids: Reformation Heritage, 2009).
- Water, Word and Spirit: A Reformed Perspective on Baptism (Grand Rapids: Reformation Heritage Books, forthcoming).